TUGLMAA’s (Touro University Nevada’s LGBTQIA+ club for medical & allied health students) mission is to ensure equality in health care for LGBTQIA+ individuals and health care providers.
-President: Andrew Gerenraich email@example.com
-Vice President of Finance: Devon Kent firstname.lastname@example.org
-Representative – Physical Therapy: Cherie Pantaleon email@example.com
-Vice President of Administration: Shadi Arjmand firstname.lastname@example.org
-Vice President of Philanthropy: Moriah Murray email@example.com
-Vice President of Communication: Kyler Perry firstname.lastname@example.org
-Vice President of Intracollegiate Communication: Jake Davidow email@example.com
-Vice President of Social Events: Iris Kwan firstname.lastname@example.org
TUGLMAA’s past events include:
- Volunteering at Las Vegas Pride Festival and Pride PETS
- Numerous events with the LGBTQ+ center of Southern Nevada including volunteering backstage at fundraisers ensuring the continuation of the amazing services The Center provides for the community.
- Special guest speakers on topics such as fertility for transgender patients
- Attending relevant medical conferences including GLMA and GenderFest
- AIDS Walk Las Vegas
- Marching in Last Vegas Pride Parade in white coats
- Attending Pahrump Pride (in Pahrump, Nevada)
- Bringing HIV testing (for the first time) to Touro’s annual health fair
- Drag Bingo and Drag Bowling!!!
- Educational lectures on interacting with LGBT patients and LGBT healthcare disparities
- Tabling for World AIDS Day
2018-2019 School Year Inaugural, Amazing Ally & Leader Award recipient: Dr. Carrie Bedient
Las Vegas Community & Resources:
Feel free to contact any of us with questions! 🙂